No joke, do each wall differently and get back to us on how it functions, what was easy and what was not, where problems arose in the installation and so on.

I would place the clay mass on the inside. I also would be concerned with moisture migrating into the cellulose and what that would look like. It may not be an issue.

I don't like moisture barriers.

I am watching a bare clay wall exposed to the weather with a minimal roof over hang and am seeing no problems what so ever. With a layer of boards I would say a clay wall would be fine. I would like to see a render applied to the exterior clay wall before the boards go on and after it has cured for some time to seal it up nicely, let it shrink than apply the render and plaster, before applying the boards.

I heard a report of someone who used wood chip and clay and did not like how it functioned during the heating season, they applied a layer of foam over the outside to seal it up.

On a three season home I would not hesitate to build a clay wall, I am waiting for hard input on how such a wall system functions in the cold winter. I just don't know.

Just a few thoughts.

Tim