Hello, My name is Paul Grim, just registered, 1st time TF builder. I have one small cordwood masonry bathhouse project under my belt but other than that I am relatively inexperienced builder. My wife and I would like to build our TF house using all home harvested lumber from our property. We live in semi-arid Oak Savannah land and have thousands of White Oak trees. Most of them are scrubby and not useful for building. However, taking an inventory I suspect we have nearly 100 usable oak trees. However, I'm not positive they are big enough which is my first question. I think we have plenty of posts. 8-12 feet long, straight, and over 1 foot in diameter. We will "box the center" and use heartwood for each post. My math shows I can get about 6x6, 7x7, or even larger out of these round logs (or something like a 9x4 and a couple of 2x6's depending on the starting diameter). Looking at all of the timber frame designs, these pieces seem smallish? I see a lot of 8x12 post and beams out there in TF books. I'm thinking our wood will be very strong because it is CENTER CUT OAK. However, I don't want to start logging my property until I am sure my wood size/quantity is feasible for the project. I suspect that beams may be my real problem. We only have a handful of oak that is 20' long or better and the log diameter is only about 12 inches (including bark). We don't have a lot of money but we have resources and stamina so I prefer to get all of my wood from home. We are willing to use extra posts to make up for the small size of the wood and we can scrimp and save to buy a few large salvaged tie beams if necessary. We will probably NOT use joinery so that actually increases the effective size of the wood, yes? We have metal worker friends who will make metal connectors for us. Our house will be a Colonial design with lean-to ("broken back barn") about 1400 SF, 1.5 stories. Sorry to be so wordy, but my question is; does the project sound feasible using our home grown lumber? Thanks for your time.