Tim, my experience with using Millers Falls(in Beggs workshop) was that it was more rigid and had less play, something I would like in my own machine. I am considering making up something like the diagonal braces on the Millers Falls for my machine - bolt on mods of course, so as not to harm the originality of the antique machine. When I get around to messing with it, I'll post of course. The Millers Falls is built to be a workhorse for sure. The mechanism for switching the action is a nicer on the millers falls. On my machine you rotate the rack for moving up and down into position when needed. It's a little more crude than the Millers Falls, but it does work. I have not build a whole frame with it yet, only small projects here and there so far. I like using it. If you are not rushed, I think the boring machine is a nicer experience than the noise and flying chips of the Makita. The boring machine makes nice big chips, that won't get caught in your eye, and it's fun to methodically chew into the wood.