I did early runs by doing the section slice / dimnensions / export back and forth deal. This model is 100% SketchUp and LayOut, with dimensions being done in LayOut over my embedded model.

I'll have a look at cutting some oblique sections and getting things to snap. I had a few areas with this gave me some heartache - but I usually saved and quit and started over and saw a performance boost.

I'm planning on setting up a crisp 'line only' style for my next go round - so that when I dimension and notate I minimize the visual stuff going on (to speed up processing / redraw time - and to speed up making sure I hit the right points) - and then I'd just change the style after I'm happy with my pages...

I'm curious why a scene set to be perpendicular to a roof won't set to scale? I noticed that you need to watch the 'perspective' check box - sometimes it stays on in a view and will not let you pull down an appropriate scale. I'll have to experiment.

The new version is far from perfect - and it grinds my new(ish) 'workstation' laptop to a halt doing certain operations - but I love the result. Much softer than anything I could do in AutoCAD. If they can step up the performance and work out some of the odd selection / move / etc. inconsistencies - I think it will be a winner.

Mike Beganyi Design and Consulting, LLC.
www.mikebeganyi.com