Hey Chuck, most of us aren't into drama, we just enjoy timberframe. Things posted in this one dimensional medium can be interpreted many ways depending on where you're coming from. If you talked to me once though, you'd know I am not out to zing or insult anyone. I don't have an ego. As far as the hacker thing, well that comes from the car restoration stuff, and that term is more prevalent there for those who are always taking the hard road and the shortcuts that are really quality cuts. But if you're using a grinder to fit tenons, perhaps we can reform you? I have yet to know of anyone here using a grinder with respect to timber framing. Attend a guild event and maybe pick up some new tips. I know I'm constantly learning new things and incorporating them. I love when I'm wrong and someone shows me a better way. People here are good like that, as Joel said. I don't think there's anything futile about the pursuit of perfection so long as you understand that you can only pursue it, and never achieve it.