Thanks guy's had an 85 year old fellow who use to build frame barns come over yesterday, He said I could use his barn jack It uses a chain that wraps around the post and jacks it up.But I need to find a jack system of my own for further needs. The cross beam that holds the hayloft up is down too and that post has no beam up higher. On the other cross beams I used the top beam with a winch to lift it up. In a log building repair I just use 2 jacks and use the new brace log shimmed up.but that would be a high shim job so I thank you both the more Ideals I get the better my chance of getting it right. In putting up the hayloft beam do you think I could use boards nailed to gather in stead of a single post it would be easer to Handel then one big post but I don't want my kids to have problems with it after I am gone or when I get older. My back went out yesterday pulling the boards off the hayloft so I have a few days till I start working on it again so any more Ideals would sure be welcome Thanks