"Starting on April 22, 2010, renovation work that disturbs more than six square feet on the interior of a home built before 1978 must follow new Lead Safe Work Practices (LSWP) supervised by an EPA certified renovator and performed by an EPA certified renovation firm, as outlined in 40 CFR ยง 745.85."

You must be kidding. I do not find myself surprised though. I can see it now: "Yes I need a quote handyman to replace this sheetrock." Handyman says, "Well sir, I can have your work done in about 3 hours at $40 dollars per hour, and lets see about $80 dollars in materials, that'll put the cost at about $200. Oh, I almost forgot we have to get some certified supervision. So just multiply that figure X3."

> than 6 ft^2 = EPA Certified renovation firm. This is ludicrous.

"Currently, EPA has 135 accredited trainers and 13,669 certified renovators nationwide, although its own compliance-needs estimates indicate that it needs at least 200,000 or more certified renovators"

So does this mean that a waiting list will come to fruition that is longer than the list for a Masters badge?

Usurp, Usurp, Usurp.