Hi everyone tonight:

welcome to the modern mess--Hum--lead--well up till the 80s lead was thrown around literally at random--it was a big part of our- lives--gas, sprays, yes lead paint, I might put it bluntly cheap paint that everyone could afford to buy, we used to call it Beamish store paint, everything was painted with it, even the baby carriages, playpens, wood trim, floors, roofs, barns.

Lead was in everything even plaster, fly spray, you name it!.

I worked for many years on restoration projects, and new construction that used original mixtures containig lead, sometimes in the pure form, one project was rebuilding a Bateaux that used lead calulking between the hull sheating.

No one even dreamed that lead was such a hazard but now it is too late, and that goes for many other hazardous chemicals asbestos is anotherone, pentanol, 24d weed spray, what will we find out about plastic I expect nothing good it is coming

When we stop to think about it what chemical is really safe, I was told by a paint manufacturer that latex paint is perfectly safe, I asked him if he would drink it -- he said no that it was not safeto drink, then I said it is not safe and he said I guess you are right

NH