Here are some pics, with explanations of what's going on. Hopefully this will help clear up any confusion.

If you look really closely, you can just make out the circles scratched onto the paper. I use steel dividers, not a pencil compass, because I don't trust the accuracy of a pencil lead. If I am drawing a scaled down version of a building, then I ought to be sure and be extremely accurate.

I then connect every single circle intersection with every other intersection. This results in a whole bunch of lines. If you study the shapes created very closely, you can learn a lot. I think I could spend all day just studying the wheel at this point. Notice the 12-sided shape, formed by 12 identical triangles, in the center see also the 2 star of David designs. Each comprising of 12 identical equilateral triangles. I could go on and on talking about all of the things I see in the graph if I really wanted to

Look closely and you can see some pencil lines. This is the start of a building layout. Some lines rely on the intersection lines of the graph, other 'secondary' lines rely on the primary building lines. Notice that the Daisy wheel was kind enough to supply me with a method to divide the main rectangle into exact thirds. (You'll just have to take my word for it, the curvature of the camera lens distorts proportions and lines a bit)

Here the layout lines are colored so they stand out. Red lines rely solely on the graph itself, yellow lines rely at least partially on the red lines

Was de eine ilüchtet isch für angeri villech nid so klar.
http://riegelbau.wordpress.com/