Ken,

I wanted to post this here for 2 reasons, 1: to show my methods to others so that they could learn and hopefully improve upon them, and 2: to set up my methods for critical review -to let others pick through and see where I may be wrong or doing things the hard way when there is a better way.

What I have presented here is the result of a lot of research, reading what little material is available, or at least that I could find, on the subject. Although I am certainly open to the idea of publishing these things for the benefit and review of a wider audience.

Tim, the connection of points has been a major question for me. It is hard to decide how far to go on connecting things. Should you only connect the points within and along the central circle? This limits you, and does not allow you to cut the circle into quarters for example. Should you connect all opposing points, i.e. those points that are reflected across the center of the diagram? My opinion is that any way you come up with will work, but the Daisy Wheel will reveal a whole lot more to you (in my opinion) when you connect everything. When I draw the last line, everything falls into place and some interesting geometric figures pop out at me. I believe it is also important to note that the same ratios are to be found in the complex diagram as can be found in its simplest form, just in greater number. The biggest benefit I see is that when you do connect everything, the building truly does begin to lay itself out in front of you. After you draw the first couple of lines, establishing the most basic outline of a structure, everything else becomes incredibly obvious. It's really quite remarkable.

I also try to work with a set of givens whenever I can, because that makes real world work so much easier. The daisy wheel does seem to let you force things on it if you must, although it will be a little more difficult.

Joel- certainly! If you think that is the way to go.

Now I asked this question once before, but no one seems to have answered it.
Are there any known examples of the Daisy Wheel being inscribed on timbers or masonry anywhere in continental Europe? IS there evidence that this was a universal Medieval technology, or was it confined to England? Have any medieval German or French or other buildings been shown to reflect daisy wheel dimensions, as Mr. Smith has shown many English buildings to do?

Was de eine ilüchtet isch für angeri villech nid so klar.
http://riegelbau.wordpress.com/