The last post was supposed to go on the hewing thread, but the board won't let me edit it anymore for some reason. So here's the post that was supposed to be here instead. If that last one it could be removed, moderator, I would appreciate it

bmike,
right now I am engaged in a project using all hand hewn timbers, and the actual building of the frame will incorporate hand tools (only?) The idea is to build the thing as they would have done so in Switzerland in the late middle ages or perhaps a little afterward.

I'll go ahead and post some pictures of the building as it is now -mostly half-converted logs, and post more up later. That way I can present a progression of Daisy Wheel construction from forest to frame

This is an overly-large hickory log that 2 posts are being hewn out of, it was split in half and here the two halves are set up to be finished. Some very rough hewing was done prior to splitting, but a lot of tool marks still remain. This particular log has seen a lot of experimenting!

I will try to get some better pictures whenever I can. I have a general layout right now, but I keep making changes to it! So that's the only reason I haven't posted it up here yet.

Also I made this the other day so that I could have a good resource to study circular geometry

Was de eine ilüchtet isch für angeri villech nid so klar.
http://riegelbau.wordpress.com/