Alright, I completed my building layout and am satisfied with its design at last. SO here it is

This picture has on it the layout for the cross section (not a bent layout, because this is going to be a German Fachwerkhaus) the floor plan, roof plan and wall elevation. They are color coded so that it is actually possible to tell them apart! Red = Cross section Blue = side elevation Green = Roof Purple = floor plan. If you study the design, you will notice that Joist and rafter spacing is not the same as post spacing, the posts are spaced further apart.

The building will be `14'x24', with a first story with 8' walls and a loft area with 4' walls. The doord will be on the long side of the building. The posts are spaced just shy of 5' and the joists and rafters are spaced at 4'

The plan is to make a scale model out of 3/4" pine to test the layout scheme and also decide whether or not this design fits the bill for me. The scale is such that 1/8"=1" so that I can easily use 3/4" stock to represent full-sized timbers

Last edited by D L Bahler; 06/24/10 03:44 PM.

Was de eine ilüchtet isch für angeri villech nid so klar.
http://riegelbau.wordpress.com/