Originally Posted By: D L Bahler

To even establish the window itself required some pretty fancy divider skills. The master radius used to lay out those windows is somewhat bigger than the space between the posts. But triangles and circles will help you find anything!

at 14'x24' it is larger than any other daisy wheel project I have yet read about. I have got this far without using a ruled measuring device.

With all respect, as I'm interested in how this develops and your process for it - where do you see yourself making changes when function of a space deem the daisy wheel incompatible with the requirements of the program? Or to what extent (as you mention with the windows above) - do you have to gyrate and spin and draw to come up with some geometry that comes from the various rules you've set up for yourself? What is the head height of the windows? Is it relational to the wheel's geometry - or the people or person who will look out of those windows day in and day out? Are they keyed to a view - relating to the outside world - or is this being designed as an object - to simply sit in its environment with its own self contained logic and little relation to the logic of the views / air / sun / wind / etc. around it?

And, not to pick - but I find it odd that you describe the building in feet, yet go out of your way to claim that you won't (or haven't) yet used a 'ruled' measuring device. Its cool in a proof of concept sort of way - but is it practical? And why is it 14' x 24'? Wouldn't you describe it with the same language as the wheel...? It seems a disconnect, and I'm not sure how the relationship of 14/24 is derived from the geometry. Is this the footprint you need for the building to do what you want - and then you develop the further geometry from those proportions? Or is 14x24 what happens when you overlap your circles at a particular scale?

Mike Beganyi Design and Consulting, LLC.
www.mikebeganyi.com