Speaking of tape measures... I use a tape measure on my building. It is based on the daisy wheel but converted to 3/8 = 1' and then to full size. I did not walk the dimensions off with dividers on the full scale building, just on paper. So, it is not true to the wheel as D L's plans are. I am confident it would all walk off, I tested some lengths and they were the same. I used a story pole for other aspects as well, something you would do once walked off lengths are made. 4 large post/braces with a radius cut into them was swung off with a large full size stick with a screw on one end and a notch for the pencil on the other.

I find it fun to see how the daisy wheel can answer many questions within a building. I often find building dimensions just picked out of a hat and subject to change or based on the store bought material. A response I tell myself over and over is the wheel made the decision and that is that, it can't be changed. It kind of takes the personal opinion out of the equation.

Here is the facebook page with some photos of the building, it was cold back then. It is hard to see, on the post/brace you can see a scaled daisy wheel scratched onto the face.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=11138693&id=420924555573

Tim