Originally Posted By: Will Truax

Chris - I was asking after the solid braces joined to the Posts and the Ties / Bottom Chords, they are shown in white, and are perhaps boxed in and species and scantling was not identified so as not to disturb the trim?

Will, sorry I don't quite follow you. You are referring to the sketch plan in the pdf showing ceiling joists etc? No members are intended to be shown in white so maybe the file isn't displaying correctly. I am working on a couple of revised sketches that I will post as .jpg files - maybe they will work better. (not sure how to place a jpg directly in the reply)

The ceiling joists are probably hemlock from the 1830s. The framing along the two sides (scantling? and braces) is mostly hardwood, probably oak, if I recall. I didn't sample that part of the structure and its a little dark and dusty so this is a guess although the braces are all hardwood where ever I took the time to check. The framing is all exposed in the attic space, but the walls and everything below ceiling level is encased in plaster, trim, and siding.

You mentioned previously you were going to refer me to someone?