Interesting

Here in Indiana, heating is likely to be Wood/corn/pellet, Propane/Natural Gas, water source, or electric. No one around here heats with oil anymore (though lots of older houses have oil tanks outside yet) Those new outdoor wood boilers are becoming more and more popular all the time...

I was looking at a pol-built garage the other day and thinkin about how those structures are built. They have their post frame with 2x4's nailed horizontally to the outside on 2 foot spacing with the sheathing then nailed to that. It got me thinking a bit more about the double wall system. I got to thinking that I bet I could very easily make a system that maybe even costs less than framing in studs, and would probably even use less wood, and would certainly insulate better

This system would be to nail horizontal 2x4 or 2x2 nailers to the outsides of the frame, possibly with a a foam barrier between the nailers and the framing members. These are put on 2 foot centers.

On the inside you attach 2x4's directly beside the posts, in or out as much as you want for insulation and timber exposure. You would need 1 or 2 between as well, depending especially on post spacing, so that the wall is stable. To this nailers are attached horizontally, once again 2' O.C. Drywall is supposed to be attached perpendicular to the supports, so it would need to be hung differently than on a stud wall. Make sure whoever hangs the drywall realizes that!

Was de eine ilüchtet isch für angeri villech nid so klar.
http://riegelbau.wordpress.com/