Craig, Original purchase price for each machine(2 Bosses and 2 Millers Falls) were $150, $100, $150, and $250 respectively(if I remember right), not including shipping which was about $25 per machine. All were purchased within the last year on Craigslist and ebay. Yes, I'm a scrounger always keeping an eye out for a deal. Each machine has it's own problems that need to be addressed. The cast iron repairs were actually broken down by cost for each repair. That is what the letters are next to the repair, to keep track of the cost of each repair. Each repair letter cost from $25 to $100. In addition, one Boss has a main drive gear that needs replaced. It's barely use-able and this is a 3 function and complicated gear to make. For this machine, it might have been better to pay more money for a better machine. One Millers Falls machine has worn/damaged gears that need replaced, which I'm preparing to get a quote on. The upright and angled support rods on one MF need to be replaced/new ones made due to excessive pitting rust. Both Millers falls wood bases need to be replaced and I bought new reproduction ones from Jim Rogers, $85 and $90 respectively not including $10 shipping each. I will also have some new cross shafts and chucks made for some of the machines which show excessive play, and machine the carriages for replaceable oil impregnated bronze bushings. In the end of the day, I may have as much as much as a good machine costs($650??) in the MF machines. But the benefit is removing all the play from the bearing points, and having good machines that will work well, plus look very nice cosmetically. The other benefit may be having new gears for MF to offer to others.