It would be very interesting to hear their conclusions on these things!

I have come to the conclusion that Ad Triangulum/Daisy Wheel geometry is quite a bit easier to use than Ad Quadratum geometry. I suspect that Ad Triangulum or some form thereof may have been the inspiration for scribing daisy wheels all over. The construction of the daisy wheel is, after all, the first part of any Triangulum construction.

I have found that since researching Ad Triangulum and Ad Quadratum, my geometric constructions have become a lot more line oriented. That is, I use lines a lot more than circles any more to establish points.

With these kinds of Euclidean constructions, you also make use of circles of different radii, whereas with a purely daisy wheel construction you just use a single radius, at least at the start. It seems rather confusing, but once you try it things make sense a lot more.

The advantage of Ad Triangulum and Ad Quadratum is also that there is actually some period writing on their use, including instructional manuscripts. Many of these were written when the geometric Gothic architecture began to give way to Classical Revival and other such styles of building and new tools came into play such as the square and the divided rule. These manuscripts were written as an attempt to preserve the then dying (and now dead) High and Liberal Art of Architectural Geometry

Was de eine ilüchtet isch für angeri villech nid so klar.
http://riegelbau.wordpress.com/