The chips from the boring machine are very nice as well. I have a few garbage bags of them waiting for the right time. I sweep the floor clean and collect them after boring. I also place a box under the timber to catch them as I knock them off the top of the timber.

The slip should be thin as paint and just a coating is needed on the woodchips or straw and lightly placed into the brick form of slip form on the wall. Depending on the climate and conditions 2 weeks will not be enough time, thickness is the major factor, the thicker the wall the more time to dry like all summer. Bricks allow more surface area and quicker drying times, too, a real advantage. I should adopt this method.

I know that when August wraps up drying time increases. I can see a greater drying time with my sundried blueberries toward the end of the month. Twice as long as in the first half of the month. Days getting shorter, cooler, we are approaching my favorite time of the year.

It is said a green house will gain you a climate zone south this would add to the drying time of bricks, maybe a late summer project.

Tim