hewing can be more than just one thing. There are lots of different techniques and idiosyncrasies but I wonder if these have names, particularly regarding surface appearance. A beam hewn tangentially results in a different surface appearance then one hewn along the length. Also, somewhere in this very forum is a link to a picture of some hewn work out of Finland with a very particular surface appearance. Are these various hewing forms named in a way that someone could make a reference to them other than to describe an action or location?

Don Wagstaff

Last edited by Cecile en Don Wa; 08/24/10 08:21 AM.