Hello,
Oh it is kind of an odd thing that occurred just now relating to my sumitsubo quest. Like I wrote last, I'd located a source for some pretty authentic or lets say old fashioned components and material needed for the sumitsibo. And then just today something caught my eye as I was walking out the back door through the old washroom off of the former stall. A sack that's been around here for a few years, with some stuff in it I pulled out of the drawers of an old tansu in disrepair I bought some years ago.

At the time I had looked the stuff over in curiosity but then just set it aside. And then today, for some reason it struck me that the two red boxes were filled with cotton filling for the ink pot of the sumitsibo, (see the stylized sumitsubo in the packaging), and the sack of red powder - which is now staining the keys of my computer key board - is ink for striking lines on timbers, just what I had been trying to track down. And now I receive it, directly from Japan by way of an old tansu.

Last edited by Cecile en Don Wa; 11/22/10 02:59 PM.