I've been quiet lately. I've been checking in a few times a week, but right now with work, family, holiday travel, and other things that compete for my spare time, I just haven't had much to say.

I wish more practicing timber framers would post here, but I understand the reality that at the end of the day, it's not always healthy for "work" to spill over into your "downtime" by spending time posting about timber framing online while the rest of life happens around you.

Speaking of "work" spilling over into "downtime", I have to go put on some raingear and unload a truckload of timber that is arriving at the yard in a half hour. It's dumping rain and will be for the next several hours, it's Saturday, and it's New Year's day. That's my little bit of timber framing activity to share with you guys. I doubt I'll be able to take any photos you guys would care to see. (I'm not complaining...Ok, maybe just a tiny bit wink )

In the next week or so, (while my family is out of town) I'll try to post a few pics of some stuff we've been doing for the last while. Things are a bit slow on the forum.