Originally Posted By: 51steve
Hello Everyone,

Thanks again for the guidance. Thanks for the "view" idea Clark. I need to arrange things more efficiently in my outliner. I had made four "groups" out of my four bents, even though they are all identical, so I had to remove each timber I wanted to hide from each group and put it in the top of the outliner in order to hide it. How do I consolidate my four identical bents into one? sounds a bit Borg-like but...

You should be able to hide individual components within other groups or components...

I'm a fan of grouping / components for general modeling, as I'm often modeling frame / walls / interiors / etc. Really allows you to isolate things and be able to control views.

The few times I've used Rubies in a production situation I've moved the frame to a new file, deleted everything else, and then I make sure each timber is at the top level so the Rubies work...

To consolidate - you can drag and drop within the outliner - or you can explode your groups and make a new one.

You can also have nested groups and components. Drawers inside of drawers inside of drawers.

Last edited by bmike; 01/07/11 03:16 PM.

Mike Beganyi Design and Consulting, LLC.
www.mikebeganyi.com