It's possible, but log (crib) barns in this area tend to have central log cribs with rough framed aisles and vertical sheathing. There is little joinery in the barn cribs themselves (joist notches, window and door lets). A good number of the joistsin these newer barns have too much joinery for me to think they came from barns.

Also, the research I've done suggests that preference in barn and home typology tends to be ethnographic. So without a change in ownership, I would almost expect barn replacement to follow type.There are in fact quite a few log structures in the county that post date the Civil War. You do raise an interesting polint, though. I imagine there was a lot of propertnoty changing hands after the War. This might explain some of what I see, but not all of it. As I mentioned, some of these properties have been in the same family since the original land grant. Again, intermarrying might address some of that. Looks like I'm leaving the barns and heading to the courthouse. That should be a little cleaner.