To be clear on the accusatory "pruning" saw, the saw I use is not a pruning saw. The teeth are in a flat line. A pruning saw will more likely have a crescent shape to the blade. By the way, just the opposite that of the Docking Saw which has a belly in the blade.

On the Silky brochure there are icons showing the area of use, the pruning saws have tree icons, the construction saws have a construction icon, I think it is a bull dozer. The folding saw I use is listed under the construction use category not forestry. This leads me to see its intended use to fall into the construction area.

I was once questioned why I use the docking saw because it has a belly in the blade and for sure could not cut a flat cut. Ah, you must be thinking in lines of a chain saw, I said, for it cuts a nice flat cut. This of course would not be the case with a pruning saw with the crescent curve to the blade.

If I was cutting a shoulder with an axe I would leave room to prune with the pruning chisel, to clean it up nice.