This is the first year hunting with this bow. Last year I hunted with an all wood stick bow, got close enough a few times, but decided to let the deer go to get fatter. I like doe, because they taste better, and their parts are generally more useful. I use as much off of a deer as I can find use for, including the hide, tendons, and a good deal of the bones.

This year, my bow is a Mongolian style composite, made of a wood core with a sinew backing and antler belly, and long 'ears' at the limb ends jutting out forward of the bows curvature when strung. Unfortunately, I haven't yet found the time to get out and hunt. That's OK, since the prime season hasn't started yet anyhow!

The worst thing is, I haven't even hunted this bow yet and I already have plans on how to make my next one, which will be a more advanced and complex composite (now that I learned how they work while building this one) That's OK though, since these bows take at least a year to make. The sinew backing alone takes 6 months to do it right!

I'll try and get some pictures up, if you all would like.

DLB

Was de eine ilüchtet isch für angeri villech nid so klar.
http://riegelbau.wordpress.com/