Hello everyone tonight

Thanks for stepping in Ken with those examples, I thoroughly agree with you.

These types of unusual shapes and conformations might appear and could be handed to you for your attention, in that instance one needs to have alittle something in your experience manual to deal with it.

I once said to my father--"what would I do if I come up against something that I have never done before"--his reply was "when you have enough experience you will be able to figure it out"

How true a statement that was and it carried me through many first run situations, and my Aunt told me as a young man to always listen carefully to your mind when it came to hard calls or problems.

I found that as my career developed and various new challenges emerged I drew on past experiences to solve problems, "Historic Millwrighting" while specialized in itself contains certain aspects of carpentry and timberframing, mainly the getting down to brass tack calculations, common sense and good accurate workmanship.

Anyone of you guys could become a good Historic Millwright--working with wooden drive wheels, line shafts, mill frames, flumes, wooden machinery of many different types--I know this from listening to chatter from all of you!.

NH