Hey,

It looks like we have a lot of positive input with regards to your floor layout. I would like to clarify a few things about the floor framing that I proposed.

The ends of the main sleepers are merely setting into pockets created in the inside face of the concrete wall, they are not embedded per say. The original layout that this was based off of was from a bank barn that had 24 in.thick mortared feildstone walls for the foundation...which allows for a lot of surface area on top of the wall for the sill beams and the lower tie-beams. I recently looked at a hand hewn barn frame that had two 14 x 16 x 22ft beams in the floor system that carried the load of the joists, and they were both resting in pockets in the stone wall. Another option would be to add a concrete or block column to the inside surface of the wall that would carry the sleepers.

The additional sleeper that supports the midspan of the joists, is there to reduce the span load by 1/2...adding one beam, allows all the joists to be supported where they need it most instead of them just being supported at their ends.

I hope this helps.

Rooster

Yah-fur-sur, You-betcha, Don't-cha-know!