Hello,

Now, what's this, Swiss evening or something? You would be right in your guess Roger. The Swiss dog being mostly black, the Pyrenees all white, the one I have then is a logical outcome of the two. I wont go any further on the topic because, well because the topic is dogs and it's not a good idea to wright about dogs no matter what and also because I am rather pissed off at mine after she disappeared for half the day and came home covered in mud and cow pie.
I agree with you about laminated chisels and also the quality of the steel and tempering and the curvature.
This interplay between woodworker material and tool is important to sort through, how the one shapes the other, its quite cyclical isn't it though, and the dominant factor in the development of the tools we use. This is why I verily despise the tool seller or manufacturer Veritas with their overly designed concept of tools. It's as if they were saying to the woodworker, "just move along there and leave the important work all to us..." Would you trust a company with so little understanding of where the tools we use have come from? Not I, no matter what the quality of their newest and most recently improved tool steel may be.

Greetings,

Don Wagstaff