Hello everyone tonight

Thanks for coming back with your insight and observations concerning colours--It is an area that I was involved in during my working career

We had 3 excellent historic restoration painters at UCV starting about 1958 right up to a few years ago--our first painter Ogle Workman was from England, he worked with and in conjunction with the team put together to put the finishing touches on the exterior and interior surfaces that required painting--he would mix from scratch using combination of various pigments and white lead to come up with the colours uncovered from the walls and other surfaces as they were meticulously removed layer by layer

Some attention though had to be noted to allow for fading of the original layers, through the 100 or more years that they lay buried under as many as 20 other layers applied overtop though the years.

He also was an adept paint grainer and could apply that type of finish when needed.

Colour is a fscinating topic even to the dyeing process, one that my mother was very adept at, she could come up with lovely colours from various plants, barks, nuts, and the reds especially which in this part of the world was produced from chenille, which was imported in, I believe from south America.

You are welcome to come in with any input that you feel might be interesting--you seem to be a very deep and responsible thinker

Hope you all enjoy

NH