Originally Posted By: Hylandwoodcraft
I must say that I have been finding this topic extremely interesting. I have been doing draw boring thus far in the style of TIMBEAL, with the heavily tapered peg.

This corner is getting cramped. The vast majority of my pegs are not heavily tapered. Yes, they taper heavily for the first 1/3 of the peg the other 2/3 has a slight taper. They are unlike the spruce full one inch pegs found in most of the historic fabric of my surroundings. The "odd" aspect is how come I don't use the old style pegs I find in the local building, I not saying they were odd, I am odd. Also note in my video at around 2:20 you can see what my pegs look like and how they are shaped and to what extent the taper is present, and note C's comment "thats not very tapered".

I have no fear about my pegging, tradition or not, I am setting a tradition. The down fall of my structures will be water, I know this to be fact.

I use a very light wooden hammer for chisel work, which I try to keep to a minimum, actually the corner chisel is my most struck implement. On some tough stuff, knots or bad grain I will tap a chisel. The slick is far more efficient in most cases and the axe and adze in others. I don't strike with the back of my axe, as a practice, it has happened, though.

When it comes to driving pegs, I use what is at hand, huge 10" commander, my light finish hammer, small sledge, bigger sledge, the odd piece of blocking, I don't recall if I have taken to rocks that I recall.