What an interesting building!

Is that hat original? Those roof overhang supports appear to be near 15 deg. I am guessing they are bearing on the timber and then through to some sort of ceiling/ floor joist?

So those posts underneath the overhang were all added at some point afterwards original construction? I couldn't imagine that overhang working without some sort of plumb support. Maybe there is some evidence of previous posts set into the ground.

If so, you might have the case for an acceptable proposal to add more posts along the overhang and anchor them to a pier/footer.

What type of wind exposure are you dealing with?
Are the codes you are speaking of, the standardized building codes for standardized construction (that hence would not address this)?
In your area will a P.E. seal not trump structural code standards?

As for the case of adding more eave support through posts. Sometimes a good approach will be to make it obvious that the additions were not original so as there is no confusion that their was a later necessary addition.

It appears to me that if you can withstand the gravity loads at the corners (which appears to be working), you might have to deal with the wind loads. A couple more posts along the eave with proper anchoring might meet that.

By the way it looks like some strapping was added along the kingstuds adjacent to each door way.

I really like the introduced camber in the plates at the overhang.

Thanks for those pictures.