hello everyone tonight

Thanks for coming in on this discussion--The dust problem and what could be an ensuing lung disease by all means needs to be addressed, and thanks for bringing it up---

You know--the old millers especially grist millers eat their share of flour dust, and the stone sharpening was quite dangerous because of splinters flying from their mill picks, many had injuries to their eyes--

There are many dangers in the old trades, even in the women's trades, people mostly women who dyed their wool in many chemical concoctions had no idea what they were breathing into their lungs

I became very aware of dangers airborne and otherwise due to compulsory WHMIS training a number of years ago, and since then many new regulations are continuing to come out to keep the environment safe--it sure needs attention--

Now once again I am straying away from the topic--just need to get my grindstone trued up safely, which with all your help and suggestions will come to a sucessful conclusions--going to advance steadily in that direction, it certainly will be a great addition to my workshop --(our) workshop, everyone uses it, even the neighbours mainly because it is roomy and heated, and I might add contains most of the (sharp) tools needed for most projects--some of the projects require getting out a hand powered tool once in a while--

just lately I was restoring the Casselman Hand Sleigh with the naturally curved runners and needed to use a spoke shave to shape the inside curves and edges what a wonderful tool--anyway while I was working away in Came my Grandaughter's husband Nick , I showed him what I was doing and asked him if he would like to try his hand, well I am going to tell you he became an avid fan of hand tools right there

No other tool would put that particular finish on the surface of the wood runners--I finished up with a piece of broken glass another great finish--just try it and see for yourself--

enjoy

NH