I am trying to organize a timber frame with a slab on grade foundation and have reached a bit of a stumbling block. I have found an option for post to foundation wall connection in Tedd Benson's "The Timber Frame Home" but how it will look on the inside seems odd to me. He has suggested having the foundation wall go approximately 4-6" above the top of the slab, then place a treated 2 x 12 flat on top of the wall (flush on the inside, a slight ledge on the outside to support an exterior SIP or wall), and have the post tied to the foundation wall with a tie down strap. That makes sense, but I wonder how this could be finished on the inside to look proper? I first thought maybe a tall baseboard would hide that 7 1/2" lip but then there will be a ledge the same depth as the post, before reaching the actual inside face of the exterior wall. I'm really sorry, this probably makes no sense..... i have a picture but couldn't figure out how to post a picture on this? Hope someone can offer some help....