Quote:
John Neeman Tools still exists, with the founder, Jacob, who as "Nebruks" posted in this forum, Forestry Forum and others and produced super high quality videos, launched a company and a web based marketing campaign that has established "John Neeman" as a worldwide brand name.

Hi Roger,

We will all have to see how this works itself out in time, but for the record, Jacob IS NOT a black smith, never has been and probably never will be, but a nice chap just the same. I have known both gentleman from before "public exposure," and yes Jacob has hired some other folks to keep making "some nice" tools and he does "great marketing" of all there leather, wood, and steel under the name "John Neeman" which Jacob wanted to call Janis as it is Janis Nimanis's name translated to English.

After Janis was badly injured in an accident, there was a division in the group. Janis is not "hijacking" anything as he is the original Blacksmith and "name holder," but never really like the idea of being called John Neeman. "Brand Naming" being what it is in business, can really stick ounce out in the public sector, so in time we will have to see what all transpires. I think Jacob is probably a much better businessman, and marketer that Janis will ever be, but I really could careless about that...I need good tools by the original blacksmith that made the ones I saw some 4 to 5 years ago, and that would be Janis.

I will restate, that if you want really great tools, custom fitting, and the original John Neeman (aka now Auntine) tools that launched the company with superb quality and artistry, then I would purchase from Janis, as he is the original blacksmith. It is a subjective choice which you like better, I just know Janis and his abilities, I don't know the subcontracted Blacksmiths working with Jacob - not a blacksmith but a marketing guy that is a great leather and wood worker ( timber frames too ? )

Regards,

jay