Timbeal, that is a good point about the freezing. I am kinda "skirting over" the obvious aspects of earth architecture, but you are good to point it out nonetheless. I don't believe all the details can be covered on such a forum as this, nor should we. Ironsheik should seek out all resources he can learn from I do agree on that, but as of late I see and read much of "novice" folks tackling clay bodied architecture and often the applications are "wanting" in good design or even applicability in safe architecture. It is not as easy as many are making it seem, so take caution on whose advice you follow, and always double check your conclusions.

I tend to lean toward traditional methods that have a proven track record. I have used, research or observed most of the methods thus described and why I made the recommendations I made. Whether dealing with any of the clay bodied building methods (i.e. Cob, Adobe, Bousillage, Bajareque,etc) or any of the clay mortars found in hımış construction styles of Turkey, dhajji dewari construction in many regions of the Middle East, to the timber lacing modalities of taq construction of Kashmiri , and other regions of the Himalayas. I will do my best to give good and sound advice. As said before, there is much promise for the slip forming that is being done, as it is a very efficient form of earth architecture for the beginner to employ with infill methods.

I would stress again, what I said before:

"I would not plaster the walls, if that is what you are asking till they are completely dry. If that is not an option then, plaster the inside first, (assuming you have good overhanging eaves.) You could just create a nice traditional rain screen wall outside and cover with boards not plaster."