Teazle tenon is clear to me, Jay, your description is clear but goes past my known description of Teazle tenon, it is clearly depicted in HATJ, A Graphic Guide, pt 2 Tying Joints:Tie at Plate.

Rotational forces..... Ken are you suggesting the post is twisted? Or has the plate and post been pushed away from the building directly in line with the tie beam? Rotation as in the whole building? I still suspect rafter thrust. Closer look at the peak of the roof in some detail or at the purling.

The brace below is shown to have been compromised and gaped at the post. Are there other aspects that would point the the Why this happened? Like those common rafters with shadow lines of where they used to rest?

Regardless if it was yesterday or 400 years ago, someone beyond a novice applied the tire rim. It had to have been heated, straightened, holes punched Pins constructed and applied, all with much thought. Sometimes buildings don't demand full on restoration, when a permanent fix will suffice. I speculate that it was a run away cart that rolled away and smashed into the lower part of the post and the reaction was shown at the top of the post. Then they used the, now bad wheel, to fix the damage cause. Maybe the horses were spooked and they had a wreck. Hows that for conjecture.