Frankly speaking I am appalled by the action of completely removing all traces of Derek from the site. Jim you are gutting the site for somehow conflating the rule of rules above the commonsense concern of preserving the threads, complete with full context and continuity. Derek, I believe, had close to 1300 posts in hundreds of threads, so now, how is the forum improved by removal, when what is left is incomplete and confusing threads.

I know all about the ways Derek has been colored due to some trollish behavior but the forums long standing record has been fouled, for no good reason. The forum is in my view a community property that people have been contributing to since 1999, including Derek. All the contributions should be respected as a record and as property of the community once said posts are accepted as valid posts. In other words, Derek gave up control when he posted and the community accepted and interacted with Derek. Years have passed since Derek posted and offensive content has been removed. So I suppose in your eyes, Jim, that Derek is a troll or worse, therefore, any trace of Derek is tainted. Ohh, so Derek told you to remove posts, do you always do what a "troll" wants you to do?

This is not a privately owned forum such as the Forestry Forum, you moderators cannot and should not throw away community property because you can quote a rule in bold face type.

Fix it.