I agree with the sentiments above. Its in the best interests of the structure and everyone involved.

Most of my work is open air in Exposure C. I'm on the coast. So I can at least add a few thoughts if to do nothing less than save you engineering hours.

1. Timber Species: There is a goldmine of quality Cypress timbers just southwest of you procured from the Cape Fear River Basin. Would be my choice.

2. Timber X-sections: I know that you had 5X designed because of material at hand. Looks too weak to me, very bendy. Would be hard to have opposing knee braces on center post as well.

3. Wind and Uplift: Think 7/8 stainless all thread with timberlinx at post bottom, post top thru plate thru principal rafter, and apex (level). Timber braces in wall plane, bent plane, plumb ridge plane to king, and possibly bracing in the plane of the roof depending on strength of roof diaphragm.

The connections above are only as strong as the connections below when dealing with kites. The existing deck can probably be examined for a good connection with some ingenuity and additional structure. Keep in mind that a pegged connection will typically not meet requirements for 130mph winds. Not to say you cant use them (for instance at post top), but imagine a threaded rod going through the tenon as well (plumb) with nut and washer above.

Also think of the handrail height and how it might benefit.

Anyway, hope this helps. Pretty close to you if I can be of assistance.