First off, I've let my membership lapse and I'm out of the TF business, I've aged out. Regrets aside, since you Jack are a TFBC BOD member, you should first make a case. How is the health of the TFBC? I just was on the resource page of the TFBC website and queried Timber Framers for the entire US and received 24 responses. Is that accurate or close to the truth? If so, the TFBC must be getting close to being shuttered. The TFBC was created by member companies of the Guild and freed themselves from the constraints of Guild membership to pursue commercial interests that the Guild was not inclined towards. The Guild went into the legal realm and reformed itself into an educational non profit. So is it true? Has the fickled membership found other means to sate its desires?

Happy day, Guild memberships are open to all individuals, pay dues and join, no need for power plays, leverage and politics. The current Guild BOD is very well represented with business principal owners.

Again Jack, make the case.

The so called merger seems like an undemocratic trojan horse, where a failing organization gains way more than it can possibly give. Besides of the TFBC, TFEC, TTRAG and ATC, only the TFBC is not already merged with the Guild.

Besides all that, TFBC members are companies, (I know, companies are now legally entitled to individual rights) but I believe the Guild charter only allows actual people to join.

So members don't be Blasé, examine and protect.