Diving, that's a hot point of debate among my people. The old guard all did it, that's how you found water back then. Two methods that were used were, you'd hold a forked stick with one fork in each hand and the other end pointed out. The other way was to hold the ends of a bent wire. You walk around, and the end of the stick or the middle of the wire would fall down. So there you dig.

Today, there is a lot of opposition to it. A lot of our people will have nothing to do with it. They can find no scientific reason why it should work (but it does work) so the conclusion they have come to is that it must be demonic some how.
I told this to some of my friends in the Berner Oberland (where our people come from, and where just about all of our culture comes from as well) and they thought that was nonsense. It's still how they find wells and springs up in the mountains today. It's interesting to note that there is a great deal of witchcraft and superstition in those mountains too, all dating back to before the Romans.

Was de eine ilüchtet isch für angeri villech nid so klar.
http://riegelbau.wordpress.com/