Hi folks, been lurking here a while but have never posted. Been interested in TF for years (took the Fox Maple courses) but only getting down to it the last year. Cut and milled a bunch of eastern white pine for a 24x42' workshop which will serve as my TF workshop but also my furniture making shop. Will probably build a separate TF shop later on. I'm concerned now about having a strong enough wooden joist floor for my collection of nice old (HEAVY) machinery. My big table saw weighs 2200lbs, jointer 1400, mortiser 1600, shaper 1200 you get the gist. Joists are cut at true 6x6 now, and will be dovetail mortised into 8x8 sills which sit on a concrete stem wall over crawl space. There won't be vehicles in the building, just lots of machines and occasionally a load of timbers for cutting. I know many will say we should do concrete floor, but we just don't want to. On top of the joists will be (flexible here) 3/4" ply and full 1" T&G White Oak I am milling from my own stock. I can cut more pine for joists if necessary. The number I have now is sufficient for spacing for residential 1st floor loading (40 and 10 I think...don't have it in front of me) but I'm thinking I should beef it up a bit. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Brent