Jay, I had a quick look, and knowing you are in vermont helps. However, we have such cold temperatures for such a long time, I am concerned with the amount of moisture that can enter the wall cavity over successive seasons, and the longevity of the wall. My partner is planning on doing some prefabricated straw bale panels this summer, and I will chat with him in hopes of enlightenment. A lot of the folks on this Permies.com page have no experience with our wickedly cold long winters. Again, I have a good basis of the building envelope in normal construction, and have seen where too much lack of detail can cause studs to rot, but am eager to learn more of how it works in my environment. We have a super green builder in town -Chris Magwood, who is pushing the building envelope, and I'll try to chat with him. I actually helped install the steel roof on canada's greenest home. I'm totally into it, however, as I can't help it, will be naturally skeptical until I understand the properties involved with the wall system in my climate. Always eager to learn. dave