Hi all!
Been asked to build a barn with a perfect combination of criteria that leave me with a conundrum I'd like to ask for thoughts on. First some details:

32x65 feet, with 65 feet flexible by a few feet. SO I'm thinking 4 16 foot bays give 64 feet, no problem. It's the other direction that's a bit sticky. They want three "aisles", a 12 foot in the middle, and two 10 footers, one on each side to give the 32 feet. Eastern Canada with local timbers, so a 32 foot continuous tie beam is NOT possible, in fact we're looking at a 16 foot maximum length. They also want useable space the upstairs(not necessarily the whole footprint), so a king post truss system or hammerbeam isn't practical. Can't do a principle rafter system either as they'd be too long. A queen post setup seems ok, but I would have to break up the tie beam, which I've never had to do before and had it drilled into my brain years ago that it was best to avoid. I know it's done though, and I was just wondering about preferred way to do this. Any additional thoughts would be wonderful!

Cheers,
Brent