I have heard about this moisture issue. Most all if not all houses have this same issue, it occurs in the basement where there is not enough exchange of air. Where is the science to counter this moisture issue? This is in part what I would like to see addressed. It should be a simple equation to solve. The other part that will keep this vision I have from fomenting is the colossal cost incurred within the building industry. Right up there with school loans the purchase of your home it right at the top of your financial outlay you will ever incur.

Were these five builds you encountered built with tires? Tires seem far too labor intensive. Concrete is a great replacement.

How many damp daylight basements have you seen? Was the moisture issue due to improper site prep? Built in a swamp with poor or no drainage incorporated? So many question should be asked before blame is placed on a cause/effect.

Today's modern super insulated tight houses will have horrible moisture issues, if air circulation is not addressed. The "earthship" is no different. I actually don't like the term "earthship". I hesitate to use it.