I have a bit of an interesting place in this discussion, as I build and install extremely tight panel enclosures and have done a lot to perfect the system as much as possible, but really have trouble with it on a foundational basis.
To address the moisture issue, I think that it is possible to address it in a modern enclosure, but it really requires an active and well designed mechanical air exchange and regulation of interior moisture levels. This is something lacking in far too many modern builds.
The other issue is that the tighter that you make an enclosure the more catastrophic the smallest air leakage can be. It's like a puncture in a balloon, a little hole pops it. For example, if you have positive indoor air pressure in the winter and moist interior air is able to find even very small pathways to the cold outer face of the enclosure you get condensation which is often not detected until it's far too late.
Things such as cold roof assemblies, rain screens for siding, redundant sealing methods, active ventilation, etc. go a long way to prevent issues, but add a tremendous amount of complexity and cost to a build, magnifying the problem of quality housing being out of reach for too many people. And even if all the measures are taken, it is a very intensive complicated system. One has to ask the question, is there something wrong with the basic concept that it requires such complex solutions? I'm out of time for now and will get back to it later. Great discussion, thanks DL Bahler!