I'm interested in this conversation, if even it's not quite what I was going for, so do carry on.

I'll never use SIPs myself. Some people think they're great, good for them. GC's want to use them, they're free to. I don't care.

A lot of my concern is putting together information to recommend to GC's what they can do, because I'm marketing to a lot of folks that don't have a lot of TF experience.

I hate foam and tight houses, but a lot of homeowners have bought in to the notion that such is the best way to do things, and so sometimes you have to work with what they want (the customer is not always right, but you always have to make them feel like they are)

In such cases, I would try to sell the GC on wrap and strap and dissuade them from the supposed virtues of SIPs.

For GC's working from a conventional framing standpoint, I steer them to exo-framing.

If people are looking for a high energy performance house, I will point them to a larsen truss type system.

If I were more focussed on building complete houses, I'd love to deal with some of the more interesting methods, but realistically when dealing with GC's, I've got to deal with them on their level. I've got to work within the constraints of what they are used to dealing within. My focus has to be on selling frames, I don't have the time to try and educate everyone and persuade them to my way of thinking.

Was de eine ilüchtet isch für angeri villech nid so klar.
http://riegelbau.wordpress.com/