Actually, the funny thing is that even I use SIP enclosures I have really moved beyond liking to use them. I don't think that it is impossible to make them a workable system, but they have too many negatives which make them undesirable. They are an extremely dependent, overly complicated system. As it has been pointed out, they are more like space ships than houses. There is a bit of a vacuum for immediate alternatives, so unfortunately I am going to have to stick with it for the next couple years.

I'm really not sure that wrap and strap really takes any of the fundamental problems of SIPS out of the equation. It is a fundamentally similar concept but where it gains in affordability, it picks up issues in redundancy and may be more vulnerable to moisture issues because of more variable quality control. I would really only consider wrap and strap suitable for perhaps an occasionally heated out building, but I really just don't like it.

What I would really like to pursue in the next year or two is a "chip and slip" system of non load bearing wall with lime plaster. My local area has lots of clay and wood resource, so it seems likely. Straw bale has always given me the willies, I think it's sort of like SIPs, perhaps theoretically possible to get right, but riddled with potential issues. The clay slip in the "chip and slip" has the advantage of isolating the organic material, greatly reducing the food, fire, and habitat potential. I'm not sure about the roof, SIPS panels or Larsen trusses may be the easiest system to apply. I would like to eliminate the panels eventually, because the roof is much more vulnerable to problems than the walls.
Does anyone have any first hand experience with chip or straw slip? I would be interested to hear. Although, I suspect I will just have to start experimenting myself. The only thing that I'm a bit dubious of figuring out myself is the plastering. That seems to be the sort of thing better learned first hand.