Quote:
I want to primarily cut frames and as such my target for advertising is general contractors. So in that case when things go wrong with the enclosure, it's not my neck on the chopping block. I don't want to say 'I don't care' because I do, but I'm not in the same position as you.

I can more than respect that David...

I know some think the Timberwrights just cutting frames and selling them should take more responsibility than that...

However, I think they (those that may judge this) may miss the daunting aspects of trying to "police" over other people's choices (good, bad or netural.) As such, I see nothing wrong with you "just selling frames" and leaving it to the GC to shoulder the burden of "good practice" (as it might actually be) for how your frames are treated in regards to the "thermal envelope." The best someone in your position can do is share what you know and hope the "timber frame consumer" chooses wisely...That way you have done your "due diligence" but the ultimate choice is left to them...I support you in it...as least they are in a well built structure with great "bones" that can always be salvaged later if need be...

Regards,

j