It would be cool to see some videos you may have, Jay.

When you bring up the price of these chain mortisers, I am interested, yet I see a price swing of over half the cost in these Swiss units, twice as much. If someone was just wanting to cut simple mortices, max through tenons in 14" stock which version would be the best choice?

What would you say a full on power shop would expend in cash for a nice set of power tools, Jay?

I think the turning point comes into play with scales of economy. The small shop will run with very little overhead. If a small shop is run 1-3 guys, turning out 1-3 frames a year, to make the investment in quality power tools would be tricky choice but if the shop was shooting for 3 times that, it would be a simple choice. It soon becomes a large investment, from computer programs to dust handling, and material handling aspects, the building you cut in, heat, you know...stuff like that. I suspect it would easily range into $500,000 At which point I alway have to ask if it is worth that effort. Will I be sitting in the office 10 hours a day, with a crew on the floor? Is that my goal? No, it isn't. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McvCJley78A&list=FLf0Typ7X7PYlWmlxHMzc5Ew&index=77

I wouldn't be making a very good case if I quoted $1000 for a used up old chain morticer, so I went with the known and expected number.:)